Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Product Review - Sladecraft Comet


This morning I had the opportunity to paddle Mick's Comet (by Sladecraft). The craft I have previously paddled are TK1's, TK2's, K1's and my Mirage 580. I completed the 8.4km lap in around 52 minutes (around 10km/hr) which is an excellent time for me. For comparison, with the same effort (race pace) in the Mirage it takes me at least an hour. The Comet, which classifies as a LREC (Long Recreational) felt 'like' a Mirage, but much faster and with less stability. I felt very comfortable paddling it (no worry at all with stability) and enjoyed pushing it with proper technique and effort without the thought of falling in. It had a nice glide through the water and was easy to turn, and I must say I'm impressed. I would have flown if I had paddled this in the Hawkesbury Classic. It's definately something I would consider using when doing the Classic again.

No comments:

Post a Comment