Monday, April 27, 2009

A great morning run

The anti-inflamatories have worked well on my shoulder but it was still too sore to push the pram for my run. So I decided to walk down to the soccer park and let the boys play there whilst I ran around the fields. It's a great place to do this. The grounds are fully fenced and there are 2 soccer fields side by side with short even grass to run on.

I put the boys in between the 2 fields and they each had their own soccer ball, plastic golf club and plastic golf ball to play with whilst I ran around the perimiter. It was fantastic. They both played beautifully in the middle and I could see and talk to them the whole time. I ran for 20 minutes which turned out to be about 6 laps and the boys had a wonderful time and got some exercise too. Great plan! I'll definately be doing that again.

The run felt good, eventhough it's definately harder running on grass. The jump up to 20 minutes went really well and I'm starting to feel good running again.

No comments:

Post a Comment