Thursday, April 30, 2009

The rain strikes again

As I worked yesterday and couldn't paddle in the afternoon, I was going to go for my run when Chris got home last night. Well he got home at 5:30 and be darned it was already dark. What the *&%$ is going on there. How can it be already dark at 5:30pm? I think this winter is really going to frustrate me and play havoc with my training!!!
Anyway the plan was to get up this morning, feed the boys breakie and go for a nice early morning run down at the lake. Of course it started raining just as we were about to get in the car. Now this used to never worry me, as I like running in the rain and I just put a wet weather cover over the boys, but Connor is getting so tall now that he barely fits in the pram anymore and the rain cover hits him in the head now.
So I decided to go to the shops (which I was going to do afterwards), and hoped that on the way home the weather would be better and I'd get my run in. The thought had even occurred to me to go to the gym there and put the boys in the creche, but that would have turned out a bit expensive. Anyway after the shops the weather had cleared and I drove to the lake. It was looking a bit ominous as I started my warm-up walk, but I thought I'd be able to get back before it rained again. I was wrong. After a 5 min walk and 5 minutes into my run it started raining again. I turned around and ran back to the car (the boys thought the rain was fun and called out wheeeeeeeeeee, wheeeeeeeee the whole way back). Oh well at least I got a 10 minute run in.

No comments:

Post a Comment