Saturday, April 25, 2009

A HARD paddle

It was arranged for me, Anton, and JJ (Jack and Jen) to meet up at 3pm for a paddle. JJ had paddled 14km this morning so I figured we'd be pretty safe. I was wrong. Jack is just an Energiser bunny!
It was a hard paddle. My heart rate was up around 180-195 the whole way. I was pushing it and doing it hard. Occassionally I'd get on a wash and have a brief breather, but by the time we turned around the lake markers I was struggling. We must have been going pretty quick because Anton hardly talked at all (for him).

However, when we turned around the marker and headed back, something wonderful happened and I got "in the zone". It was amazing. I just felt great. Still working really hard, but feeling great at the same time. My heart rate was even higher than on the way up, but I felt better! No-one talked at all on the way back and I know Anton was doing it tough too. I was stuffed and feeling a bit light-headed at the end, but I was satisfied with the effort I put in.

No comments:

Post a Comment