Monday, April 27, 2009

I'm so excited!!!!

Well, last week I made the decision to sell my engagement ring from my first marriage so that I can buy a K1 of my own. Basically it came down to the fact that I'd rather have my own K1 to paddle than have a ring (albeit a very beautiful one) sitting in my drawer doing nothing. I now have an incredibly engagment and wedding ring from my husband Chris and that's the one that means something to me.

To be honest it's been doing my head in a bit, trying to work out how much I could sell it for and what kind of K1 to get. I really wanted to have another try of Greg Slade's (Sladecraft) slimline K1. I had a very brief paddle of it a couple of months ago and absolutely loved it. Now there's no way I'll get enough for the ring to pay for a new Sladecraft K1, so I thought I'd ask Greg if he'd consider selling me the plug kayak (the one I tried). He's keen and I'm going to get it this weekend to have a better paddle in to see if I like it over greater distances. I'm soooooo excited. If all goes well and I still like it, then I'll buy it and I'll finally have a K1 of my own again.

No comments:

Post a Comment