Sunday, July 5, 2009

3 of us for a Sunday paddle

It was me (K1), Graham (TK1) and Anton (Horizon Flyer) for an early morning paddle today. We met up at 7:30am and it was great to see Graham paddling with us again...though I now joke that he is my "bad luck charm" as everytime he paddles with me I fall in (eventhough he's normally no-where near me and has never had anything at all to do with me falling in)....still, everytime he's paddled with me lately I HAVE fallen in.

Anway, Anton had his latest purchase with him...a beautiful Horizon Flyer. Lovely paint job, great looking kayak, and I spent a while admiring it. Then we were on the water paddling our usual lap. I deliberately eased off a bit today as I was still a bit weak from the food poisoning episode. But as we reached the lake I realised that we were still doing a pretty reasonable pace. Graham is definately getting faster as he kept up easily today, and it still amazes me how Anton can keep up with K1's no matter what craft he is paddling...he's a machine.

We got back to the boat ramp and had some time to spare, so we decided to do some sprints. Anton beat me in all of them today, and definately paddles sprints better in the flyer. I think I beat Graham in most of the sprints and I was very happy with how confident I felt, and how well I paddled as well. I'm starting to really enjoy sprints now.

No comments:

Post a Comment