Saturday, July 11, 2009

Sick of being sick..and a paddle at Penrith

Well, it's one thing after another at the moment. After beating my first cold, then feeling decent again after the food poisoning, now I have another head cold. I'm sick of being sick! Nothing serious, but enough to make jogging a silly idea, and enough so that I'm just tired, irritable and not quite up to training.

Anyway, I've been down in Sydney since Wednesday and had wanted to go for a paddle at the Regatta Centre. Unfortunately there was this huge rowing event on there all week, and it was off limits for training. So, even with the head cold still lurking, I decided to do a paddle at the river. I did a bit of a warm up, measured a 200m course with my GPS, and then did some sprints.

For most of them I felt great for the first 50m, good for the next 50m, getting pretty tired for the next 50m, and nothing left for the last 50m. I guess I need to do a lot more training (especially intervals and sprint training). My times were around the 1min mark which is ok I guess. I would have liked to go faster though.

And unfortunately training won't be possible tomorrow either. Hopefully I can get some more regular training happening in the school holidays....YES!!! I'm on Holidays!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment