Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Training Program

Well, I've been thinking about it for a while, and finally got off my butt to do something about it. A few weeks ago I approached Lyle Mead from Winning Ways Kayak Coaching, to see if he would consider writing a training program for me. I filled him in on my history and the very limited amount of time I could devote to training. However, he didn't hesitate to take me on board. Now, most coaches wouldn't even bother helping someone like me. After all, I can only do 2 on-water sessions a week. Most coaches wouldn't even think it would be worth their (and my) time. But Lyle was immediately willing to work with me (even with the limited time I have available), has taken this challenge on board and I consider myself very lucky that he would do this for me.
For the last week there has been numerous emails and phone calls back and forth between Lyle and me, trying to work out the best way to approach my challenging situation. Each reply and question has been answered by him very quickly, with honesty, thoughtfulness and good humour. I must say I've been very impressed all the way through. And within days of me deciding to get him to go ahead and write a program, it arrived in my email inbox today. Now that's fast!
I've just taken a look through the program and it's awesome! It's exactly what I was after, and I can't wait to get stuck into it. This is soooo exciting.

Here's a link to Lyle's website. It's really cool, and there's so much excellent information and so many great services he can offer. It's definately worth checking out.

http://www.winningwayskayakcoaching.com.au/

No comments:

Post a Comment