Thursday, June 25, 2009

Food Poisoning (aka: where's the bucket?)

Well, after a great paddle on Sunday morning, I have only just fully resurfaced now. The severe stomach cramps started Sunday morning at 11:30 am and by 12:30pm Chris was having to pull the car over whilst the boys called out "What's mummy doing? Why did she get out of the car? Oooooohhhh she's doing Ickies" etc. A quick trip home and it just went downhill from there. I lay in the same position in the bed for almost 6 hours (other than getting up to chuck) because I was too scared to move, and the pain was too bad if I did. And after that 6 hours of intense pain and regular chucking, it finally started to ease off slightly. I went to sleep and woke up the next morning around 9am. I think I got out of bed by around 4pm (other than loo trips), briefly had a drink and went back to bed for the rest of the night again. Tuesday was better and I got up a bit more and by Tuesday night I started eating again. Wendesday, back to work (bad decision - felt yuk), but now on Thursday I'm feeling pretty normal again. Even went for a 10 minute slow shuffle this morning.

Now, I've had so many bouts of gastro and food poisoning...that I know it was definately food poisoning. Without risking defaming certain companies (and acompanying law suits) I'll just say that we put it down to a spinich and fetta muffin. It tasted funny at the time, but then they usually do don't they? Anyway, in retrospect (which is always a wonderful thing) I think the fetta was off.

Ok, well hopefully I can finally get back on track now. Fast way to lose weight though. LOL!

No comments:

Post a Comment