Saturday, June 20, 2009

Watching the State series and getting re-inspired.

Since Chris didn't have to work afterall this morning, he had the lovely idea of travelling down to Windsor to watch the State Marathon Series race. I had originally said I wanted to go down their to race, but with being sick all week this was not an option. I also wanted to talk to a coach down their and put some ideas to them about some long-distance coaching (ie coaching me from afar). It also gave us the opportunity to watch my nephew play soccer (and you were awesome Rowan), and go out to dinner for his birthday afterwards.

Watching the race was great. I saw Jen and chatted to her, whilst Mick and Jack were racing. There were other club members there but I had a hard time working out who was who. Anyway, I got talking to a few spectators and kayakers who have now convinced me to maybe turn up to one of the sprint series races. One girl I talked to is just learning K's as well and she's going to give race:2 a go, so I think I might to. Apparently there will be all kinds of paddlers there, of all different abilities, so maybe I wouldn't make a huge fool of myself.

Anyway, it started to rain, and the boys were getting restless so we headed off before the finish. But it was a great day, finishing with a great dinner out with family. Oh yeh!

No comments:

Post a Comment