Saturday, June 27, 2009

Rest in Peace Nanna

Just over 10 months ago, (24th August o8), I went for a jog at the lake on a Saturday morning and took the children to the park afterwards. It was there that I got THE phone call. My father had passed away - tragically, suddenly and very unexpectedly.

This morning, on a much sunnier Saturday morning I had gone for a jog at the lake, let the children play in the park and was driving home when I got THE phone call. The message was to call my sister when I got home...which I did a couple of minutes later....my Nanna had passed away. I am so sad for the loss of such a dear grandmother who we were all so close to. Rest in Peace Nanna - so many wonderful memories.

I had planned to go for a paddle this afternoon with Anton. I just didn't feel like doing anything anymore. Chris said I should go as it would make me feel better. I was doubtful. However, I reluctantly put the K1 on the roof and drove to the river. I still didn't want to be there. I just didn't feel like paddling.

However, once on the river and chatting to Anton I started to feel a little better. It was a nice, cruisy paddle and on the way back to the boat ramp I was feeling much better. It was getting dark, but we did the extra half lap to make it 11km. And Chris was right. It was the right decision and I'm glad I went.

No comments:

Post a Comment