Monday, March 9, 2009

A decision's been made

A decision has been made and I've finally entered the State Marathon Championships in the Open K1 and Open Mixed TK2. I've also decided that I'll race in the Struer for the K1 race. Considering that it is a 5km lap course (5 laps for K1 race and 4 laps for TK2) there's going to be a lot of boat wash and messy water. I am very confident in the Struer and won't feel nervous in rougher conditions, wash riding or when jostling for positions (like on Sunday). I'm just not quite ready in the Van Dusan yet. I can't wait until I can paddle the Van Dusan as well as the Struer because I will fly. But in the meantime I am looking forward to racing (instead of feeling a bit nervous about it) and can't wait until we get up to Forster.

For everyone (Jack, Mark and Anton) who have kindly offered for me to borrow their kayaks I am more grateful than you'll ever know. Your generosity, sharing of knowledge and support mean a lot to me and I wouldn't be paddling anywhere near as good as I am without it.

No comments:

Post a Comment