Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Still no running

My back is getting a lot better thanks to several physio appointments and resting it. Running is still off the cards and that is very frustrating. I am missing it badly.

I've also been sufferring from a bit of vertigo (which I get from time to time) the last few days. I'm feeling a bit of a sore throat coming on and am generally feeling run down so I've decided to give kayaking a miss today and just stay home and rest. I hate it now when I can't train, but I think it's the right decision for today. Hopefully I'll beat it quicker. Yeah, yeah I know...the violins are playing. But this is normal for me...I often get mildly sick about 1-2 weeks out from a competition and I know by the weekend I'll be feeling fine.

3 comments:

  1. La De Dah..I can nearly hear the bells chiming..LOl..LOL
    It's the diahorea,is that right?,the night before and the morning of the race from the nerves I hate..Take the tootie paper..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I hear you, LOL. The day of a race I don't get diahorea but just have the constant feeling that I need to go to the loo. As soon as I start the race I'm fine and the feeling goes.

    I often get a mild cold in the weeks before...something to do with training and the immune system (I think it's a pretty common thing).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nope..never heard of it before..Must be just you weirdooooooohh

    ReplyDelete