Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Ow, ow, ow and a short paddle

Today my SIJ is even worse. Every step hurts, and it particularly hurts to get up from any position. By the time I got home from work it was hurting constantly. I couldn't get comfortable in any position - sitting, lying on my back, tummy, side. But whilst playing with the boys it started to feel a bit better (or maybe that was just the anti-inflamatories working) so I decided I would try a paddle. I wanted to see how it felt paddling so I could give some feedback to the physio tomorrow.

Once seated in the K1 it was just a dull ache, so Anton and I just did a slowish paddle. Mark had put a hose on the front of the K1 (for resistance training) and I managed a bridge lap with it, but I didn't want to push my back too hard, so I did the rest of the 8km lap without it and just going at a comfortable pace. Anton had no trouble keeping up with me today. I was glad to finish after 1 lap.

How utterly frustrating. My training was going so well - both paddling and running and it absolutely sucks to have this problem. I'll go see a physio as early as I can tomorrow and hopefully it will get better quickly. It's just torture not to be able to train properly. I miss it already!

1 comment:

  1. just have to make a correction to this post.cassie did a slowish paddle , anton didn't.the gps wasn't working (flat batteries) we didn't go above 10kph because i could still talk but we weren't far off it. that is one fast kayak and your balance is improving so much. c ya

    ReplyDelete