Thursday, March 12, 2009

Feeling good again

My wonderful and supportive husband Chris let me go to bed to rest as soon as he got home yesterday. So from 4:30pm onwards I spent the afternoon/evening in bed dozing, reading and watching TV (not at the same time). It was heaven and very much needed. I had a great night sleep and woke up this morning feeling heaps better. It was just what I needed.

My afternoon paddle also went well. My focus was on technique and mainly getting my top hand a bit higher, tilting my pelvis forward (sticking bum out), and sitting more upright (not hunched) by tilting from the hips. It worked well and I felt good.
Anton and I paddled briefly with Mick and Jack who had already completed their 10+ km, and we came across a beautiful Sea Eagle up in a tree. We stopped paddling to get a better look and ended up only about 5-10 metres away from it. It was amazing.

With Mick leaving us at the pontoon and Jack turning around at the powerlines Anton and I headed up to the lake and back. I feel so good and confident in the Struer now and it was great to be able to focus a bit more on technique.

No comments:

Post a Comment