Thursday, February 5, 2009

Changed plans and a run down in Sydney

I won't go into the long story but the quick version is that I got casual work on Wednesday and ended up driving down to Mum's house straight after work. This meant that my weeks training plan (ie paddle on Wednesday night and run Thursday morning) had to change. Mum kindly offered me the opportunity this morning to go for a run on my own whilst she minded the boys. I really am so lucky to have such a supportive family. There is no way I'd be able to be doing all this training if it wasn't for them. So as early as possible I headed off towards Mum's usual running path. It was only 7am but very hot already. I ended up doing a 25min run (plus warm up and cool down) and covered around 4km. This is probably the best run I've done in ages. Still a long way to go - I know, but I'm improving well. When I got back to the house I looked so hot. I'm really not a pretty exerciser. I go red and blotchy and really look quite terrible, but today I was dripping in sweat and it didn't stop for almost an hour after I had stopped exercising. But, it was sooooo worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment