Thursday, February 26, 2009

A solitary paddle

Mark couldn't make it and Anton couldn't either, so I ended up paddling on my own today. I felt yuk even before I started and not much better once I had. The last 3 days have been so busy and draining I think I was just absolutely exhausted. Anyway I paddled to the bridge and back and had a chat with Mick, Jack and Jen when I got back (they were just getting off the river after their paddle). I really didn't feel up to continuing but I forced myself to head up to the lake. About half way up I started feeling a little better. I was just bludging but my balance felt good. And by the time I finished I was tempted to bug Anton again and try to get him to come down and keep me company for another lap. However, I decided to call it quits whilst I was still feeling good (and hadn't fallen in). Eventhough physically I was stuffed today, I felt good in the Van Dusan. I felt comfortable and wasn't concerned about balance. I probably felt about as good as I did a few weeks ago in the club K1. Heaps better than I thought I would by now anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment