Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Looking forward to swimming (oops I mean paddling) tonight

Tonight is my first proper training session with Mark. So this will be my first time really swimming with the Van Dusen. Hopefully it's more paddling than swimming. I know that I'll probably fall in a some stage. I never get embarrased, it's just a pain in the a$$ having to swim back to shore, empty the kayak out, and start again, just to repeat the whole thing over again. Anyway, despite the jokes, I am actually looking forward to the session and am feeling pretty positive about it.
I also forgot to mention last week that Anton generously offered to lend me his TK1 to race in at the State Marathon Championships. So if I chose to race in that category I've got a kayak lined up for that aswell. He is a legend, and I really appreciated it. I'm always very thankful when someone lets me borrow or even try their equipment (whatever that may be).

No comments:

Post a Comment