Saturday, January 10, 2009

Crap paddle

Well I just went for a paddle this morning. Last night I started to get a sore throat and thought that maybe I was coming down with what the boys have had. I was hoping that I would feel better this morning. I felt pretty ordinary but thought I'd still go for an easy paddle with Anton (my training buddy) as we had arranged. Well, 100m into it, I realised that I felt pretty crap. We paddled the 8km loop together and stopped several times for Anton to try different seats and for me to have a much needed rest. Man I felt bad! My balance was off, I had no energy and really shouldn't have paddled, but I didn't want to miss the opportunity of a session. Anyway, it was the worst I have felt paddling for a long time. Hopefully I'll get over this quickly and can do another session during the week. It was great to catch up with Anton though and hear all the stories from the Murray Marathon.

No comments:

Post a Comment