Monday, January 19, 2009

Today's Jog: aka...gee Connor can ride fast

Well we were just about to get into the car for today's jog (down the lake) when Connor decided that he'd like to ride his bike instead of sitting in the double pram. I was hesistant, after previous sessions when he has decided half way back that he's too puffed and needs me to push him on the bike (at the same time as running and pushing the pram with Clayton in it - quite a juggle). Anyway, I think it's great to promote exercise in children so I said yes, and took along some rope. Rope - you might ask? It's to tie around the bike and then around me or the pram should Connor get too puffed again. Yeh, I know, but it was worth a try. Well, the little blighter surprised me. Not only did he ride the whole way up and back, but he even kept riding whilst I was having my 2 minute rest. And he rode quick - I couldn't keep up with him. Wow, he is so fit, especially for a 3.5 year old! So in the end I did my 5 min walk, 10 min run, 2 min walk, 10 min run, 5 min walk and stretch. I felt pretty good all in all.

No comments:

Post a Comment