Friday, January 2, 2009

Getting back into running

Well the plan at the moment is to get back into running 3 days a week, and paddle at least once (hopefully more) a week. In previous months I completed the C25K program, but was still finding the 30 minute runs very challenging. Due to sickness and the festive season I have not been running much at all. So today started my return to running.
I drove down to the usual lake parking spot and walked to the double bridge, ran to the end of the path, walked about 5 minutes, and ran back to the double bridge again, with a cool-down walk and stretch afterwards. So generally, a 5 minute walk, 10 minute run, 5 minute walk, 10 minute run, 5 minute walk and stretch. I felt pretty good and will be ready to increase the running next time.
*Please note that when I say running - at the moment I am referring to plodding/shuffling.

No comments:

Post a Comment