Saturday, January 24, 2009

Sore shoulder - that'll teach me.

Yesterday I went to a family get together and had a lovely time (thanks Trudi). Great company, great location, great food and all the children were just wonderful. It was so hot and we spent hours in the pool. I put PFD's on my 2 boys and they had a great time having a bit more independence in the pool. I also spent a fair bit of time lifting Clayton up onto the pool edge so he could fall/jump in. My shoulder felt fine at the time, but today it is sore, sore, sore! It's been so good for ages now, it's a bit of a shock to have it so sore today. But really, now that I think about it, I did some pretty serious repeated lifting of a 13km weight (Clayton with waterlogged PFD) out in front of me above shoulder height - duh. That'll teach me. Hopefully with some rest and anti-inflamatories it'll be better by Monday (my next planned paddle).

No comments:

Post a Comment