Thursday, January 29, 2009

Today's run

I went for a run this morning. Connor wanted to ride his bike again, and I now have no concerns about this affecting my training because I can't even keep up with him now. So he rode the bike whilst I jogged and pushed Clayton in the pram. I was originally going to have a 1 minute break at the turn around point, but felt good and decided to do it all in one go. It's the first time I've done that in over a month. Anton has kindly lent me his heart-rate monitor until I get mine back from the service centre, and I used it during the run. My total time jogging (not including a 5 min warm up and cool down) was 22min, and average heart rate was 173bpm. I got it up to 187bpm at one point, which is not unusual for me. For some reason I can get my heart rate up a lot higher than I am 'supposed to' be able to. All in all a good run.

No comments:

Post a Comment