Saturday, January 31, 2009

Tomorrow's Club Race

Well I'm all ready and excited about tomorrow's club race. I've only done one before in the Mirage and this will be my first race in the club K1 (that I'm still borrowing). It sounds like heaps of people are going to be there, including lots of the friends I regularly see whilst training. Chris and the boys are going to come along and watch the start and finish, and it will be nice for them to finally meet all the people I always talk about.

Race Plan/Thoughts/Hopes etc...
The distance is 11.35km. I completed it in 1:17 last time in the Mirage. I have told the handicapper that I think I might do around 1:10 in the K1. This would mean an average speed of 9.73km/hr which I think is achievable given my recent shoulder soreness. I know I need to race way faster than that by the Worlds, but I think this is a good starting point. If I can beat 1:10 I'll be stoked. Hopefully I've convinced Anton to come (are you reading this Anton?) and he'll have my GPS on his Mirage. That will make it a bit easier to pace myself if the handicapper lets us start close together. My only concern is my ability to go hard in the K1 for that long. I know I'm fit enough, but it will be a good test of my core stability.

No comments:

Post a Comment