Wednesday, January 21, 2009

A Hot Jog with No Music

Chris kindly offered to look after the boys this afternoon so I could go for my run. I always appreciate being able to go for a run on my own, and was looking forward to using my Mp3 player and listening to my music. Well, here's a lesson...always check your batteries before you go. When I got the player out and tried to turn it on, the empty battery sign came on. Damn! So I headed off for my run without my music, and realised that it was very hot. I knew it was hot before I started, but as I got jogging I realised just how hot and humid it was. Yuk - won't do that again. I was the only person out on the bike track that was jogging. I guess all the other runners had enough sense to wait until it got a bit cooler. Well it was very tough and I felt like giving in several times, but didn't. I think that when you give up, it doesn't do too much harm physically, but more so mentally. I think that every time you tough it out, it makes you a bit tougher mentally too. I finished the planned 5 min walk, 10 min run, 2 min walk, 10 min run, 5 min walk and stretch. Stuffed, hot, dripping in sweat, horribly red and blotchy in the face, but satisfied.

No comments:

Post a Comment