Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Today's paddle

The plan was to get there a bit earlier and do a couple of 'bridge' laps before Anton got there. But that didn't work out (for various logistic reasons). I did manage to get one bridge lap in before he was ready on the water. So with 3km up my sleeve, we headed up to the point - me in the K1 and Anton in his Mirage. I felt pretty strong and balanced today - felt good. It was hard work for Anton to keep up with me in his Mirage, but he did a good job of it. By the end of the session I had completed 1.5 laps (about 11km) and felt like I'd had a good training session. With stretching stops it took about 1hr20 (I think). Today, I also set up an excel file where I can put in my distance and the time it took, and it tells me my average km/h and min/km, and what time it would take to do 200m, 500m etc. Great for planning training sessions and race plans.

No comments:

Post a Comment